Earn Aeroplan Miles in more ways
CIBC Aero Platinum Visa Card
Overview of credit card features
This card is good for:
- Those who want to earn Aeroplan miles
- Those who want comprehensive insurance coverage
- Those who rent or would like to rent cars with Avis and Budget car rentals - discounts offered
- Those who want commission-free Travellers Cheques
- Those who want guaranteed hotel reservations
- Those who would like to add additional cards at no fee (up to a maximum of 3 cards)
This card is great for the avid traveler, as it gives a return on everyday purchases that can be redeemed for travel.
Cardholders receive 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 spent on gas, groceries and drug store purchases (offer expires July 2015), as well as 1 Aeroplan mile for every $1.50 purchased on the card. In addition, 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 you spend at participating CIBC Bonus Rewards restaurants, hotels, inns and spas is given. A welcome bonus of 5,000 Aeroplan Miles is included for new cardholders.
This low annual fee card (only $39 per year) offers the opportunity to travel wisely with comprehensive insurance coverage (purchase security and extended protection insurance, $100,000 Common Carrier Accident Insurance, and auto rental collision/loss damage insurance).
Redeem your Aeroplan Miles for short-haul flights (minimum of 15,000 miles) or long-haul flights (Canada or Continential USA - a minimum of 25,000 miles) and qualify for the Aeroplan Distinction Program in which members enjoy rewards, bonus Aeroplan offers and other perks.