Special 1.99% introductory interest rate
Scotia Momentum for business VISA
Overview of credit card features
-Cash back on everyday business purchases
3% cash back on eligible gas station, restaurant and office supply store purchases and on recurring bill payments1
1% cash back on all other eligible purchases1
- Extended Interest-Free Grace Period Interest-free grace period of at least 25 days on purchases2
- Credit Limit $500 up to $50,000
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance Includes travel emergency medical (up to 8 days)3
Minimum Credit Limit: $500
Maximum Credit Limit: $50,000
Interest-Free Grace Period: At least 25 days2
Annual Fee: $496
Additional Card Annual Fee: $296
- 19.99% on purchases
- 21.99% on cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia® Credit Card cheques
Here's a smart way to manage your day-to-day business purchases:
3% Cash Back
On eligible gas station, restaurant or office supply store purchases1
Also earn 3% on recurring bill payments1, such as:
You can set up automatic payments by simply calling your service provider or finding them online at visa.ca/billpay.
1% cash back
On all other eligible purchases made with your card1.
Extended Interest-Free Grace Period
Reduce your interest charges and increases your average monthly cash balance with:
- a minimum 25 days interest-free grace period on purchases2
- four more interest free days before your payment is due
Valuable business benefits & protection3
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty
- Creditor Life Insurance for your business (Optional)
Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- As a Scotia Momentum for business VISA cardmember, you, your spouse and accompanying dependent children are each automatically covered for up to $1 million in emergency medical coverage if sudden and unexpected illness or accidental injury should occur while travelling outside your province or territory of residence in Canada.
- Coverage is automatically provided for eligible persons under 65 years of age for up to 8 consecutive days and for eligible persons 65 years of age and older for up to 3 consecutive days.
- Coverage includes eligible expenses for hospital care, nursing care, prescription drugs, licensed ambulances and physicians' and surgeons' fees, as well as other eligible medical services and supplies.
- The date of departure is counted as the first day.
- This benefit is subject to an exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Certificate of Travel Emergency Medical Insurance (52 Kb)
Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- When you charge the entire cost of car rental to your Scotia Momentum for business VISA card and decline the agency's collision damage waiver or loss damage waiver (or similar provision) at the time of rental, you'll be insured if your rental vehicle is damaged or stolen.
- Certificate of Rental Car Collision Insurance (44 Kb)
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty
- Most items purchased anywhere in the world are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage as long as the full cost of the item is charged to your Scotia Momentum for business VISA card.
- Coverage extends for the first 90 days from the date of purchase and is in excess of any other insurance coverage.
- When you use your Scotia Momentum for business VISA card to purchase most items and charge the full cost of the item to your card, extended warranty coverage doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to one year. Items covered by a manufacturer's warranty repair services of five years or more must be registered within the first year of purchase.
- Certificate of Purchase Security Insurance (47 kb)
Scotia Business Loan Protection (Optional)3
Scotia Business Loan Protection is simple but effective insurance. If you or another key employee loses the ability to work, Scotia Business Loan Protection can make regular payments or completely pay off your Scotiabank line of credit, loan or credit card. If you or another key employee passes away, your outstanding loan amounts can be paid in full.
It's easy to apply: Simply visit any Scotiabank branch and apply. 5