1% of your purchases in BONUSDOLLARS
Desjardins VISA Platinum
Overview of credit card features
This card is good for:
- Those who carry a balance on their credit cards
- Those who travel frequently
- Those who would like to have a peace of mind when making purchases (price protection and extended warranty included)
- Those who would benefit from a 20% discount on Hertz car rentals
- Those who would like to collect reward points and redeem them for various products and/or services
- Those who would like to get free traveler’s cheques
The most important things to know about this card are:
- Coverage up to $5,000,000 per insured person for eligible medical care and services required, including transportation, repatriation, living expenses and dental care
- Age 59 or under: 60 days
- Age 60 to 64: 31 days
- Age 65 to 75: 15 days
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- For a period of up to 48 consecutive days
- Common Carrier Accident Coverage
- up to $1,000,000 in the event of accidental death or dismemberment
This card can save you great deal of money should you carry a balance on your credit card. At 9.9% annual interest rate, the $169 annual fee could be very attractive, depending on your balance of course. This card also gives you 2% cash back in BONUSDOLLARS which you can redeem for show tickets, gift rewards, donations for non-profitable organizations, Desjardins financial products and services, and travel.
This card has also got you covered while you travel. With emergency healthcare coverage up to 48 days per trip, trip cancellation, baggage insurance, accident coverage, travel assistance services and auto rental insurance, you can have peace of mind when booking trips and paying for car rentals with this credit card.
Should you spend over $20,000 per year, you will receive additional 1% cash back on those purchases, with a maximum cash back limit of $800 per year.
This Visa also covers you with an extended warranty and price protection insurance, as well as insurance in case of loss, theft, damage or fire for most goods purchased with your card. Combined with no-fee American Express Traveller's Cheques and 20% off Hertz car rentals, this credit card can become very useful for those who travel and carry a balance.